Tuesday 13 September 2011

How it all started

So I'll possibly admit I may have had a few wedding ideas pre- proposal but most people do right. Only natural for a gal to think of what invites, STD's, favours etc right.............right?

So the important thing is how I finally got permission to start officially planning.

THE PROPOSAL

12th July - 'It's our anniversary today', 'You know it's our anniversary right' 'We've been together 4 years today'


I'd pretty much got the gist that it was definitely our anniversary on the 12th July as Iain kept reminded me the morning of his proposal. As a joint anniversary/ birthday treat we were heading off to Conwy, Wales were we had had one of our first dates during our 'let's just drive anywhere' trips on our days off.

Landing in Conwy we headed for Conwy castle. We have a major thing about castles - but that's another story. So joining the other tourists we explored all the turrets and hidey holes around the castle. As we head up one tower that overlooked the sea where all the boats had moored and people were wandering along the harbor front, Iain seemed to be getting a little antsy as people kept coming up and down the stairs to the top disturbing our peaceful view. I suggested going to the next one but he was adament 'no we'll stay here a little longer, I can get some great shots from here' He mentioned fiddling with his camera.

Finally he gave up and we headed for the next tower. This was a lot quieter with less disturbances. As I looked out onto the grounds of the tower Iain stood behind me slipping his arms round his waist. 'You know I love you and always will, so I have one question' As I looked down there in front of me he opened the little black box containing my engagement ring. Obvious immediate reaction for me was to start crying and I walked away (that sounds really bad) but it was so he didn't see my ugly crying face. He slipped the ring on my finger 'Is that a yes?' and I nodded.

And we were engaged! Conwy castle - not just a place for protecting yourself from the bad guys.


And as for the ring





No comments:

Post a Comment